The Offshore windfarm Norther is located in the Belgian Economic zone of the North Sea at 22 kilometres from Zeebrugge. The construction of the windfarm is planned in 2017/2018.Norther N.V. is owned by Elicio N.V. through subsidiary N.V. Elnu and Eneco through subsidiary Eneco Wind Belgium N.V. based on a 50%-50% distribution of shares. The Norther Windfarm will consist of 8,4MW wind turbines with a total installed power of 370MW. The wind turbines will be installed on a monopole foundation at an average depth of 26 meters. The wind turbines are connected with 33kV submarine infield cables to transport the electricity to the het Offshore High Voltage Station (OHVS). From here, the voltage is transformed to 220 kV and connected to the beach of Zeebrugge by a 220kV submarine cable of 25 km. A 150kV land cable of 1,5 km connects the windfarm to the national grid at high voltage substation Stevin(ELIA TSO).
Activities of Energy Solutions:
Energy Solutions delivered a significant contribution to the Norther project, commissioned by Norther NV. Energy Solutions contributed to the acquisition of the 220 kv grid connection from grid operator ELIA and the design of the electrical infrastructure of the wind farm. The following activities have been executed in cooperation with Norther NV:
- Project support during the (pre)design and tender phase for the electrical infrastructure of this project and interfaces with the wind turbine supplier and the 220kV grid connection at the high voltage substation from grid operator ELIA
- Compose the technical specifications for supply and installation for the 33kV submarine cables, 220kV submarine export cable and the OHVS
- Technical support during the tender phase of the above mentioned contracts for the electrical infrastructure.
- Project management as Package Manager Electrical Infrastructure during the design, tender phase and construction phase of this project.
- Design, tendering and installation of the onshore server cabine at Zeebrugge.
- Quality control and inspections during fabrication and at FAT and SAT for the 33/220kV Offshore High Voltage Station (OHVS).
- Quality control and inspections during fabrication and at FAT and SAT for the 28 km 220kV submarine export cable (3x1600mm2).
- Quality control and inspections during fabrication and at FAT and SAT for the more than 70 km of 33kV submarine infield cables interconnecting the windturbines.
- Quality control and inspections during fabrication and at FAT and SAT for the 220/33kV 410MVA transformer.
- Quality control and inspections during fabrication and at FAT and SAT for the 220kV and 33kV switchgear.
- Managing and coordinating works on 220kV grid connection with Elia at theStevin substation at Zeebrugge.
- Managing and coordinating interfaces between the PPA contractors and the windturbine supplier.
- Managing and coordinating the commissioning of the electrical infrastructure of the wind farm.