Trianel Borkum II is he second phase of windfarm Trianel Borkum. The 32 Senvion 6.33 MW windturbines add a total installed power of 200MW to the existing windfarm, located 45 km north of the German island Borkum. Since the summer of 2020, the windfarm is fully operational.
Activities of Energy Solutions:
As part of the Seaway Heavy Lifting project team, Energy Solutions contributed significantly to the design and quality control of the 32 transition pieces. the following activities have been performed:
- Design review of the electrical installation; 33kV installation, low voltage systems, SCADA, and all auxiliary systems
- Quality control at the factory acceptance tests of the main components; 33/0,4kV transformer, low voltage cabinets, cables, UPS, and SCADA system
- Quality control during installation and testing at the shipyard of Smulders Projects in Antwerp
- Quality control during installation and commissioning offshore
- Coordination between Trianel, Seaway Heavy Lifting, Senvion, Smulders Projects and subcontractors