Windplan Groen is part of Regioplan Windenergie from the provence of Flevoland. Windplan Groen consists of 90 new windturbines with a combined installed power of 500 MW. These Wind turbines are expected to generate 1,9 bilion kWh each year, which is the same amout as the consumption of the province of Flevoland.
To connect 8 out of 10 of the windfarms, a closed distribution network(GDS in Dutch) will be installed. The GDS consists of a 150kV/500MVA grid connection to TenneT TSO, a 150/33kV substation with two 150/33 kV transformers ( 310MVA each), two 33kV distribution substations and approximately 40 km of 33kV cable routes. The GDS provides a conection for 8 windfarms with a total installerd power of 325MW and a solar park of 30MW. the remaining 3 windfarms will be connected to the existing DSO’s.
Activities of Energy Solutions:
Contracted by Windkoepel Groen and Ventolines, Energy Solutions provided a significant contribution to the design and execution phase of Windplan Groen. The following activities have been executed:
- Compose the technical specifications for the various contracts for procurement and installation of the 33kV export cables, the 33/150kV transformer substation with the 150kV export cable to TenneT TSO.
- Technical support during the tender process for the contracts mentioned above.
- Compose the technical specifications for the various contracts for procurement and installation of the all wind turbines and technical support during the tender process for 11 windfarms.
- Compose the RAW-tender documents for the design and construction of the infield cables and client substations.
- Technical project management
- Verification of the detailed design from contractors Van Gelder, Hitachi and Van den Heuvel.
- Support and quality control during construction, testing and commissioning of the electrical and data systems.
- Interface management for the wind turbine contractors, civil contractors and TSO/DSO’s.
- Support for the grid compliance process between GDS Groen and the individual windfarms.
- Support for the grid compliance process between GDS Groen and TenneT TSO.
- Grid compliance studies for all individual windfarms connected to Windplan Groen.